You are advised that there are inherent risks, including the risk of serious injury or death, while engaging in equine activities. By engaging in equine activities and in accordance with the terms of this agreement you hereby assume all risks of injury or death.
2. RIDER HEREBY RELEASES THE NELLIE GAIL RANCH OWNERS ASSOCIATION, THE NELLIE GAIL RANCH EQUESTRIAN CENTER, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS OF AND FROM ALL CLAIMS WHICH MAY HEREAFTER DEVELOP OR ACCRUE TO RIDER ON ACCOUNT OF, OR BY REASON OF, ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE, WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY ME OR TO ANY PROPERTY, BECAUSE OF ANY MATTER, THING OR CONDITION, NEGLIGENCE OR DEFAULT WHATSOEVER, AND I HEREBY ASSUME AND ACCEPT THE FULL RISK AND DANGER OF ANY HURT, INJURY OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY OCCUR THROUGH OR BY REASON OF ANY MATTER, THING OR CONDITION, NEGLIGENCE OR DEFAULT, OF ANY PERSON OR PERSONS WHATSOEVER.
3. RIDER AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFY AND DEFEND THE NELLIE GAIL RANCH OWNERS ASSOCIATION, THE NELLIE GAIL RANCH EQUESTRIAN CENTER, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, DAMAGES, JUDGMENTS, ORDERS, COSTS OR EXPENSES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES, WHETHER ACTUALLY INCURRED OR NOT, WHICH MAY IN ANY WAY ARISE FROM OR ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH RIDER’S PRESENCE UPON THE PROPERTY OF THE NELLIE GAIL RANCH OWNERS ASSOCIATION AND THE FACILITIES LOCATED THEREON.
4. In the event Rider is using Rider’s own horse, or any other horse(s) not owned by Nellie Gail Ranch, rider warrants said horse(s) shall be free from infection, contagious or transmittable diseases. Nellie Gail reserves the right to refuse access or use of any horse upon the premises that does not appear to Nellie Gail to be in good health or is deemed dangerous or undesirable.
5. Nellie Gail feels it is important that Rider understands the nature of the inherent risks involved with gatherings at the facility, including, but not limited to, risk of contracting and/or spreading viruses or other pathogens which can cause disease. Rider assumes all risk associated with potentially contracting and/or spreading any virus or pathogen which can cause disease. Rider acknowledges that Nellie Gail has taken precautions to mitigate the spread of any such virus or pathogen. Rider promises to fulfill their obligation to take steps necessary to mitigate the risk of contracting and/or spreading any virus or pathogen by following recognized measures from the Centers for Disease Control, including but not limited to, staying home if sick, practicing proper hygiene procedures including washing of hands, disinfecting any surfaces Rider may come in contact with, and utilizing, where appropriate, personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves.
6. Any action brought under this Release of Liability shall be brought within one (1) year of the incident or accident-giving rise to said claim. In the event that any portion of this Release is invalidated or otherwise held unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then Rider agrees that any available damages arising from or related to the use of Nellie Gail Ranch property shall be limited to the lesser of: $250 for property damage; actual damages incurred by Rider; or a maximum of $10,000 for damages such as pain and suffering.
7. Rider agrees to waive the protection of any applicable statutes of this jurisdiction whose purpose, substance and/or effect is to provide that a general release shall not extend to claims, material or otherwise, which the person giving the release does not know or suspect to exist at the time of executing said release.
Rider expressly waives any benefits that he or she may have under Section 1542 of the California Civil Code relating to unknown claims that reads as follows:
“A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS AND KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THE CONTENT THEREOF.