The fiber optic upgrade includes our equipment on your property / landscaping. The equipment upgrade to support fiber optic cable is necessary to free up congestion in the network that will improve our service to the residents within the community and all of customers in the geographical area for now and into the future. There will not be a cost or price increase to the customers as a result of the upgrade. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.
- We will be boring through the streets on the map in green to install conduits underground to feed our fiber optic cable from point to point
- We door tag all residents at the latest 48hrs prior to starting each phase of work. We also place sandwich board signs at the Greenfield entrance prior to starting work
- Work hours for the project are 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., end time is approximate, could be earlier end time but not later than 5p
- This work is required to pull new fiber optic cable from point to point because the existing conduit is either full, damaged or a non-existent pathway, this takes about a week to complete.
- There is a coordination effort with Cox, HOA and the residents to accommodate traffic/pedestrian flow around the construction zone with flaggers if necessary.
- We will absorb all restoration cost associated with the project including landscaping.
- You do have the option to use your own landscapers to restore the affected landscaped area and we will reimburse you for that cost.
- There are no planned loss of service during construction.
- After all work is complete there will be a cutover activation that typically takes place within the overnight maintenance window of 12 a.m. – 6 a.m., the cutover is quick, within minutes and we ensure all modems are back on the network.